“I am in a relationship”, I guess most or all of you have heard or read this statement, but not all of you are familiar with the heartbreaks that follow unhealthy relationships. Few of you deal with these unhealthy relationships just by compromising while most goes for last resort i.e. “Breakup” – How to deal with a breakup.
Breakup is not as easy to deal with as it seems, doesn’t matter if it was a long term or short term relationship. It can be a paradigm of confusion and uncertainty for anyone. If you are going through the same thing then you need to understand that breakup is not the end of life, you need to move on.
But now the question arises how?? How should one deal with breakup?? How can one go back to their normal routine?? Is there any particular route that one needs to follow?? How to deal with a breakup??
Dealing With A Breakup: 10 Healthy Ways To Cope With Post-Split
I have got some tips that you need to follow and believe me you will be back on track in just no time!
1) First of all Hangout with Friends – Hanging out with friends is the best way to deal with breakup. When you share your feelings with your closed ones, most part of your problem just flies off and it is a tried fact.
Let me share an experience with you. One of my close friends had a relationship for almost 4 years. Everything was going smooth till the day when she found out that his boyfriend was cheating on her. To say she was devastated is an understatement, she was torn. But good thing in this scenario is that I was there with her to support.
I know how breakup can damage somebody’s life, so I did not let my friend stay in a closed room instead I planned a road trip to keep her mind away from the depressing moments. We enjoyed ourselves, met lovely people on the way which not only helped in alleviating my friend’s pain but also gave her an important lesson i.e. life does not stop for anybody, it goes on so make most out of it while you can.
So like my friend you can do the same with your friends and deal with your breakups.
Don’t ever think that – How to deal with a breakup.
2) Secondly, you can try as much as you can to not remember the moments that you have spent with your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend. For this you can deviate your attention to some other activities like going for a long drive, indulging in a hobby, cooking, painting anything and if you love shopping just go for it.
This will not only help in forgetting the heartbreaking moments but also help in relaxing your mind which is I guess very important for a healthy life.
3) Thirdly, sit down and do breathing exercise. Think what has gone wrong in your relationship that leads to breakup and jot down all the possible reasons on a paper. I know you will say this is contrasting with the previous tip or how can one do both reminiscing and forgetting the painful memories simultaneously.
I know it’s not possible but it will help you to not make the same mistake again. If you know what were the causes of your previous relationship failure then you will not repeat them in your next relationship. Moreover, sometimes people tend to blame themselves or 2nd person for their breakup. But when you will evaluate the causes then you can rest assured that you are not the only person to blame for. This helps to alleviate the stress level.
Healthy Ways to Deal With a Breakup
4) Fourth, make new life goals. Sometimes it happens that relationship made you forget what you really want in your life. Sit down and write those Goals. It can be world tour or an adventurous trip with your friends or it can be owning a huge business or writing a biography.
Setting goals are of great help. They not only keep your mind off from your ex but also give new direction to your life. Now you know what you want to achieve in your future and thus can channelize your energy to make it possible.
5) Fifth, get rid of all the things that remind you of your ex. It can be photographs, gifts, letters, CDs etc. It is your wish you want to throw them permanently or want to put it in a box and store it away.
6) Sixth, change the interior of your room or house. This does not need to involve buying new things instead you can just change the position of things. This will help in not remembering some particular moments, that you had spent with your ex inside the house, by just looking at those things.
7) Seventh, try not to sit with friends that do not consider your feelings and keep bitching about your ex for your current state. These are the people that fill your mind with negativity. They will only add to your pain.
8) Eighth, No physical changes – Yeah it happens that most of the people go for piercing or tattoos after breaking up with their partners. But I insist you not to indulge in any such activity. You may find it enthralling at that time but you may regret it later.
Take some time to cool down before making any decision.
9) Ninth, spend time with your family. When we are in a relationship, we often forget about our family. But when it is over, we feel guilty for ever doing so. You can mend your relationship with your family by planning a trip with them or organizing family functions. Remember, no matter what, your parents, your family is always there for you.
10) Last but not the least, Move On!! Time stops for nobody, neither should you. Forget about him or her and continue to live your life. No matter what anyone says, you should not feel depressed or guilty.
So what if your past relationship didn’t work? Maybe he/she was not the one for you!! Maybe there is someone better waiting for you. So stop mulling over the past and concentrate on your future. Be happy and keep living!! and don’t think again “How to deal with a breakup”